– ♪ …and El Salvador too
– I’ve seen this before on Instagram. – Okay, this seems
like a funny show. ♪ (playful intro) ♪ – ♪ It’s time for… ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Animaniacs ♪ I remember this. – ♪ It’s time for Ani… ♪
– (sings along) ♪ …maniacs ♪ ♪ We’re zany to the max ♪ – I used to watch this show. – (chuckles) – I don’t think I’ve seen this before. – Is this a new TV show? – They told us the plot real good. – ♪ We’re Animaniacs ♪
♪ We have pay-or-play contracts ♪ – They’re, like,
the second 4th-wall-breaking cartoon. – ♪ Totally insane-y ♪
♪ Cockamamie ♪ ♪ An-i-man-i-acs! ♪
♪ Those are the facts ♪ – I’ve never heard of that. – I don’t really know
that much about it, but I do know something. It’s so funny,
’cause it breaks the 4th wall, like, 50 times.
Like, oh, we got contracts, walk around the Warner Bros. Studios.
I love it. – (FBE) So, that was the intro
for “Animaniacs”. – (singsong) The Animaniacs. – (FBE) So, before we tell you
a little bit more about the show, we have some scenes to show you.
– Oh, okay. – ♪ We’re Animaniacs ♪ – ♪ United States, Canada,
Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru ♪ – I think we sang this for school. – I’ve seen this before on Instagram. – I’ll dance with you.
– I like his dancing. – ♪ And Iceland and Finland ♪
♪ And Germany, now in one piece ♪ ♪ Switzerland, Austria,
Czechoslovakia ♪ ♪ Italy, Turkey, and Greece ♪ – It’s surprising
how many places rhyme. – ♪ Tanzania, Somalia,
Kenya, and Mali ♪ ♪ Sierra Leone and Algier ♪ ♪ Dahomey, Namibia, Senegal, Libya ♪
♪ Cameroon, Congo, Zaire ♪ – I literally haven’t heard
of any of these. – ♪ Crete, Mauritania ♪
♪ Then Transylvania ♪ ♪ Monaco, Liechtenstein ♪
♪ Malta and Palestine ♪ ♪ Fiji, Australia, Sudan ♪
– Oh, gosh. Whoever’s the voice actor
for that dude has to KNOW the countries. – He said that really fast.
It’s impressive. – I’m pretty sure I cannot
do that if I tried. Drop the mic! (air whistling)
(loud explosion) – ♪ She’s the woman of the year ♪
♪ Independent, a career ♪ – (giggles)
– I don’t remember this one. – ♪ Whatever street
she’s walkin’ down ♪ ♪ Everybody turns around ♪
– They really like her. They think she’s really cute.
– (Yakko and Wakko) Hellooo, nurse! – (laughs) This is so funny. – ♪ She’s manna sent from Heaven ♪
♪ Too bad I’m only seven ♪ – And the same age as me. – I didn’t think they were
actually that young. – ♪ I wish you’d take care of me ♪ – (giggles) That was funny. Before I watched Looney Tunes,
I would watch this. – That’s funny, ’cause they all
have a crush on the nurse, and he’s only seven. – No cartoons nowadays
could be anything like this. – (knight) Sorry to do this, kids,
but it’s my job. So, let’s get it over with.
Any last requests? – (Dot) Yeah. Set us free.
– (chuckles) – (knight) No can do, pretty missy.
– He sounds like he’s a surfer dude. Like, “Man, what are you doing, man?” – (Dot) Pretty please
with whip cream and a cherry on top?
– (snickers) – (knight) Whoa, man!
You’re working your cuteness on me, man.
– Yeah. Stop it, man. – You can call her a dude,
but not a man, ’cause she’s only a girl. – (Dot) Pleasie, squeezie, weezie-wee?
– Aww. – (knight) Nooo!
– (chuckles) That’s funny. – (knight) Fire!
(loud boom) – (king) Ah, music to my ears. – I’m happy that it’s not one
of those shows where it’s all, like, everyone in the world is animals. – (knight) Oops. Missed.
You’re free. Just no more of the thing of cute.
We can’t take it. – (men) They’re too cute!
– (chuckles) – (knight) Now, go!
– (Dot) It’s a gift. – (chuckles) That’s funny.
She got out of held hostage, because she was so cute. – I wish this show
would still run. I would probably watch it. – I liked it.
It was fun. I would actually walk this
on the weekends. I wanna watch more of it! – If I was younger,
I’d find that a lot, a lot, a lot more funnier.
It’s a little bit too far-fetched. – (FBE) So, after watching
a little bit of this cartoon show called “Animaniacs”… – (in high pitch) “Animaniacs.”
– (FBE) …do you think that this is a show that came out recently,
or does this look like an older show to you? – I would say this
came out 2009 or 2010. So, I was either one,
zero, or two. – Definitely older. I’m not saying
that the animation’s horrible, but it’s not that much detail. The animation today
has a lot of detail. – It looked very old
because of the animation style. They’re singing. They don’t really
sing a lot in shows anymore. – If I’ve never seen it before,
it would seem like it was a newer show,
’cause it’s really funny. – It looks like an older show to me,
because it’s more like a little fuzzy and stuff. I feel like it could
definitely air on today. I mean, if people
still watch Looney Tunes, they’ll watch this. – (FBE) So, Animaniacs
was actually released all the way back in 1993.
– Oh! Okay. So, I was way off. – Oh my god! That’s so old! – (FBE) Meaning that this
is its 25th anniversary. – Oh, it is? – To me it sounds old,
but it’s not really old. – (FBE) So, this animation series
was actually very popular, because it appealed
to both kids and adults, since a lot of the humor
was actually geared towards adults. And yet, the wacky cartoons
made it fun for kids. – I agree with that.
The nurse scene! – It reminds me
of the joke in SpongeBob, because SpongeBob’s more
for older kids. – (FBE) Does “Animaniacs” look
like a show that you and your friends would watch today if it was on?
– I don’t know about my friends, but I think that I would.
– Yeah, it seems funny. I don’t get all of the jokes,
but half of them I do get, and I think it’s really funny.
– I would. The older stuff can be much better
than the newer stuff or maybe the same
as the newer stuff. Just ’cause it’s older
doesn’t mean it’s outdated. – Yes. The whippersnappers today
just don’t understand that any cartoons that come out now
will never match up to the old ones. – (FBE) “Animaniacs”
didn’t just feature the three main characters
that you saw. So, “Animaniacs” was a variety show,
which obviously they’ve got several different segments,
like musical performances, comedy sketches, and more.
– Oh, okay! I remember seeing two mice
that I’ve seen before in something. – (FBE) So, some of the characters
in “Animaniacs” even got their own spin-off shows
that you may have seen. So, we wanted to show you
a few scenes featuring those characters and see if there were any that you knew.
– Okay. – (Brain) Pinky, I need you.
– I knew it! “Pinky and the Brain.”
I saw ’em in the intro. – (Brain) Pinky,
stop this foolishness. – “Pinky and the Brain”?
It’s weird now just knowing that they’re spin-off characters
from a different TV show. – (Pinky) Brain, haha,
we were just talking about you. – (Brain) I knew I’d find you out here
wasting time with this horse. Come! – (Slappy) Skippy, what’s the name…
– I don’t really know this immediately. – (Slappy) The name of the group.
– (Skippy) Who. – I think I’ve seen
the squirrel before, but not the skunk/rabbit thing. – (Slappy) The group playing on stage.
– (Skippy) Who! – (laughs) The group name was Who! – (Skippy) Who!
– (Slappy) You’re starting to sound like an owl, Skippy.
– “Who?” “Who!” “Who?” (chuckles) Now, I’m starting
to sound like an owl. – ♪ Let’s try for two ♪ – I haven’t seen this before. – ♪ Just me and you ♪
– It just looks like Bugs Bunny. – That one looks a little familiar,
but I don’t know the name of it. – (reporter) Boo Ryshnikov,
rumor has it you defected from your country
to join the NYC Ballet. Is it true?
– (reporter) Rumor also has it you’re a giant chicken.
Is that true? – Yes, it’s true.
– (man laughs) You, a giant chicken? – Ah! That’s a weird chicken. – (man) You are the best dancer
I have ever seen. – He is a giant chicken! – A giant chicken?
Best dancer I’ve ever seen. – The god pigeons.
– I don’t know this one. – (pigeons speaking foreign language) – Is that the mafia pigeon? – (laughs)
– That’s so cool! – (laughs)
– Okay, this seems like a funny show. – How did he not get ran over?! – It’s “The Godfather.” – It’s such a weird idea
that it’s a good idea. I like the variety in the shows. – I like that one,
’cause they don’t have a lot of humans as main characters.
– That’s funny. I haven’t seen those either.
I don’t know anything. Jeez! – I would watch all of them.
I expected nothing less from the good animations
that this world had. – (FBE) So, it was announced
in January that there will actually be a reboot of the series
on Hulu in 2020. – Really?! I don’t have Hulu,
but I’m gonna get it soon probably, ’cause I really wanna watch it. – (FBE) So, this’ll be the first time
that new episodes of the show will air since 1998, when the show
was canceled. – Oh my god!
That’s such a long time ago! – (FBE) So finally, as a kid yourself,
do you think it’s a good idea for them to make a reboot
for your generation? – Yes, but no.
It’s probably gonna end pretty fast since the adult jokes
are probably still gonna be in there. – Yeah, I think
it would look really good if it had better quality again
and if they had a bunch of jokes in there, I think it would
be a good show. – It’s a great idea, ’cause I feel
like kids will probably like it. Nowadays, there’s so much stuff,
big things happening, and I really wanna see
what the Animaniacs would do with their crazy ideas with that. – I don’t think reboots
are as good as the old ones. They’re not as original.
The comedy’s worse. Sorry to say, but it’s true. – I’m gonna probably go back,
watch the old ones, see what it’s about,
and then in 2020, I will watch the new one. – Thank you for watching
this episode of Kids React. Shoutout to assembled 18
for watching. – Subscribe and hit the bell,
and shoutout to brickprince. – Leave a comment and tell us
what we should react to next. – Thanks for watching
and stay wacky, guys! – Hey, guys! Alabama Barker here. If you wanna see more from me,
then just go check out my Instagram.