And this is the town Tultepec, which is a
small town in Mexico State, right outside Mexico City. This particular town is very
famous for their fireworks, their fireworks festival, and their fireworks
market which got international fame in 2017 early last year, when the firework market
exploded. Now it’s one year later. It is the 30th anniversary of the fireworks
festival, and we’re here to see the Toros. The burning bulls, perhaps the most
dangerous part of the festival. I’ve got to say I’m a little bit… actually I’m a little bit nervous for real. So the Bulls have started their “Paseo”. It’s now 3 p.m. on Thursday and before they light them on fire later in the night they drive
them around, well they push them around downtown Tultepec. This is the main plaza right now and about 100 police officers waiting for the carnage to start This is the center and the Downtown of
Tultepec, and this is a place where all of the Bulls explode. so
we’re following al volador it’s at the So we’re following “Devorador”, is that the name of this bull? They’ve got a band with them, and we met a friend. What is your name? Brian Woodward who
is a little more drunk than I am I think Together to Victory!
– Let’s go ***Guys*** Some of these bulls are so incredibly big that there’s
people whose job is to take a giant stick and push the power lines up, so the
horns of the bull don’t cut the power lines as they’re going by. That’s a job
that I definitely do not want. Spin, Spin! They spin them as fast as they can and
the snout comes and goes right over your head. If you’re not paying attention get hit
in the head by a bull. Welcome to Hell.
I’ll see you there, yeah? Haha yeah, I’ll see you there… – So I’m here with my man Dave on Arrival.
– Hey! What are your impressions so far… it’s still light out This is insane like, it’s not even like really
started yet the crazy part hasn’t even started yet, but Mexicans know how
to throw a festival man. Nobody signs any waivers here. That’s why this place works. Haha, that’s why I love this country and check
out this holy shit… The size of this thing! It’s amazing, so this year they are
trying to break the Guinness World Record. I didn’t know there was a record
for this, but over 300 burning bulls will beat the current record. So this year
they have over that. Everyone is incredibly different and it’s all to honor one Saint,
you can see them on the front up here… Juan de Dios, here, yes? The Saint Juan de Dios?
The patron saint of fireworks. Spin, Spin! Okay welcome to the zocalo in Tultepec, this is where the Bulls will be spinning and be lit on fire…
starting right now?! So that little turkey is gonna kick off
the evening. We just finished watching the parade of the Bulls going through
the streets. They’re all parading down here to the main square, to be lit on fire just
like that one. The kids will kick it off and then the giant ones will go. They’ll
be setting up a hospital, a makeshift hospital, in the city center because it
is extremely dangerous. Eye injuries are common, burns are very common. Often the
Bulls explode… You have to be very careful, and we will try to be that today
filming the Toros de Fuego here in Tultepec Jesus, that guy got hit!
– They go all over! That guy got hit in the chest!
– Yeah! Here we Go! They hit you like bullets! I took
one to the leg. It was getting shot with a BB gun. This is literally insane. This is literally insanity. This is amazing! And extremely dangerous! Oh my man… What the hell are we doing Who’s bright Idea was this?! I’ve never done anything like this before – What happened… what happened here?
– What happened? I’ll tell you what happened… Well at first there was a bright light… it pretty much hit me straight in my eye and kind of just stayed on my face I had to do a whole dance to get it off…
– Does it Burn?
– Yeah it burns, but I’m OK So after the bull has done it’s thing, and they have paraded it through the square The people chant one of two things… They chant This Bull is “Puto” or This Bull is “Verga” Both are very colorful language for “This Bull is Good” or “This Bull is Bad” “Puto” is bad, “Verga” is good. This is why I love this country! Where are you from? – Canada?
– Ahhh Canada, So Awesome
– Canada is the Best I put the camera down for a second, I’ve got the GoPro There’s 500… 500 Bulls tonight. Light it!!! Light It!!! This Bull is Awesome! This bull is Awesome! They light the Bull… the bulls have several
rounds so there’s different sequences of explosions. Two or three. After the first
sequence stops and the sparks stop flying for a second, everyone rushes in
and starts pushing the bull in random directions. You’ve no idea where it’s
going to go. You’ve got to join or get out of the way. Every one is completely different. You don’t know if it’s going explode or shoot rockets everywhere. It’s the craziest festival of my life You suck if you don’t jump! You suck if you don’t jump! It is now 1 in the morning. The festival
is still going on for another three or four hours. We have been basically burned to crisps had our eardrums slightly ruptured, and had been in direct line of
fire fireworks for about four hours. We’re going to do a little body check and
then call it a night. I want to see who’s burned where. – I know that Dave…
– I got a little… I got a little bit burned..
– Took several hits to the chest Yup, there’s holes in my pants too
I mean they’re they’re everywhere…
– Holes here too! Antonio had a drunk guy hit him? No… He had the camera to his face and a drunk guy hit the camera? Then cracked his nose… – and I’ve got rolled ankle that’s all.
– A rolled ankle that’s not bad I got burned here under the armpit a couple times. One the one over here as well. One right here on the crotch. And actually if you can tell on the camera… I burnt the front of the lens. See look at these dots…
see look at these dots. Here dot here. I can’t buff that out. That is one ruined lens. I should
have put an ND filter on… Anyway so this is how it is… Happy we’re here. Happy to meet these guys! Dave on Arrival Minimal Me Antonio. The links are
below for those cats, and I’m making a what I packed video for this as well.
Showing you what I put my backpack to be able to shoot this video. Make sure to
watch that as well. It will be posted very shortly. Experience no Possessions. Kick the Grind I’ll catch you in the next video! Peace!